The Takaka Aerodrome is situated on State Highway 60 north-west of Takaka. Established in 1940 the aerodrome is owned by Tasman District Council and managed by the Takaka Aerodrome Management Committee.
The aerodrome has two runways. The first one runs north-south with the second, crossing over it in a south-east to north-west direction. The north-south runway is 825 metres long, 11 metres wide and is sealed.